Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to demonstrate our commitment to protect your privacy and personal data and help you understand the information we collect. If you provide us with personal information through the Website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. While in it is very nature some of this information may be of a technical nature we have attempted to present this it as clearly and simply possible.
As laws change or are updated or clarified, Kick my Beat will always endeavour to do what is necessary to comply with those laws and so, this policy is subject to change at any time. You are advised to check back on a regular basis for any further updates and alterations.
Last Amended : 1st January 2020
1. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Like most website operators, when you visit www.kickmybeat.com, we automatically collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use our website. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the webite, and information about how you interact with the website.
We also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We do not use IP addresses to identify our visitors, however, and do not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
All the personal information we collect is related to providing the Platform and its features and falls into three general categories :
- Information you provide to us
- Information collected automatically
- Information we obtain from third parties
Information You Provide
We ask for and collect the below personal information when you use the Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Platform and giving our users the best experience. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services and features of the Platform.
You don’t need to register for a Kick my Beat account in order to visit or use our Platform. However, certain Services require that you register for an account and, by doing so, you will need to provide us with certain information :
- Account Information – When you register an account on Kick my Beat, you will need to provide your email address (except when you sign-up with Facebook or Google and don’t give your permission to share it with us), your username, and choose a password.
- Profile Information – You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on Kick my Beat – for example :
- Your name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym)
- The city and country in which you live
- A profile picture, profile header image or avatar
- Details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those pages
- Your date of birth
- Any additional information you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website or other Services.
- Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself.
- Communications – When you communicate with Kick my Beat by email or through the Platform, or use the Platform to communicate with other users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Survey and Feedback Information – If you participate in any survey or send us your feedback through the feedback form, you may provide certain personal data as part of your response.
- Information You Post – You may provide personal data when you upload Tracks to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Usage Information – We collect information about your interactions with the Platform, including the pages that you visit and links you click on, the tracks that you stream, download or upload, when you connect with your Facebook, Google or Twitter account, when you share a track, when you follow or unfollow another user, when you post a comment, when you perform a search, the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform, and whether you interact with email messages, for example, if you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message.
- Device Information – We collect information from and about the devices you use, including how you interact with the Platform and information about device itself, such as the hardware model, operating system, IP addresses, cookie information, device settings, mobile device, browser type, language.
- Location Data – When you use certain features of the Platform, we may collect data about your general location (e.g. IP address). This can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform.
- Log Data – We automatically collect log information when you use the Platform, even if you have not registered for an account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Platform (including links to third party sites or services), Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, your browser type and operating system, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the site that you visited immediately before or after using the Platform.
- Kick my Beat Widget – Other websites may integrate our widgets. When you visit a website with a Kick my Beat widget embedded, we may receive certain information, including information about the website you visited. We know when you interact with a widget, and websites containing the widgets may receive this information as well.
Information From Third Parties
- Single-Sign Ons – If you sign up for Kick my Beat through a third party application like Facebook, Google or Twitter, you authorize us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials, and other information available through the third party application account, including the following information :
- Service Providers and Business Partners – We may also receive information about you from our service providers like companies that assist us with analytics.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect from you, including with the help of automated systems and decision making, for a range of different purposes according to different legal bases of processing. Some of these are subject to the choices you make in your Settings.
- Provide, Improve, and Develop the Platform
- To operate and maintain your Kick my Beat account, and to provide you with access to and use of the Platform. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform.
- To identify you as the creator of the tracks that you upload, the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- Your email will be used to send you service updates and notifications about your account.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other suspicious activity.
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- To provide you with customer and technical support.
3. Sharing of Your Information
This section describes how the information collected or generated through your use of the Platform may be shared by you or by us.
- Through Your Profile – Any information in your public profile (other than your email address) will be accessible by other users of the Platform, who may view your profile information, listen to and comment on any of your public tracks, add themselves to your list of followers, and send you messages if you follow back them. If you listen or like to any tracks uploaded by a Kick my Beat user, the fact that you have listened or liked to those track will be shared with other users, so that they can track the popularity of their tracks. All user of the Platform will be able to know who you follow and who is following you Similarly. If you comment on any tracks on the Platform, your comments will be available to all users of the Platform.
- Service Providers – We use few third party service providers, some of who may be located outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), to provide services to us or to our users on our behalf. These service providers have access to your information solely to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are contractually bound to implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorized disclosure of personal data, and only to process personal data in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us. We need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you.
- Aggregated Data – We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we render in such a way that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other pseudononimized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- Third Party Applications – If you choose to connect your Kick my Beat account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook, Google and Twitter or if you decide to share a track, you may be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. For example, content that you share with Facebook will appear on your timeline and in your Facebook friends’ newsfeeds. Kick my Beat is not responsible for these other apps or networks, so please make sure you only connect your account with apps or services that you trust.
- Protecting our Rights – We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors, officers, or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the Kick my Beat community.
4. Cookies and Similar Technology
5. Information Security
Kick my Beat maintains appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards that are designed to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information we collect or store and to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons that may be involved with our processing operations. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet. You use the Platform and provide us with information at your own discretion and risk.
Kick my Beat is not intended for use by children. Anyone under the age of 16 in the EEA, or 13 in the United States and the rest of the world, is not permitted to use the Platform and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 16 or 13, as the case may be, or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 16 or 13, as applicable, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such personal data, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
7. Your Choices and Controls
We do our best to give you as much choice as possible regarding the amount of information you provide to us, and the control you have over that information.
- Managing Kick my Beat Settings. If you register an account, you may manage the content and information you share when you use Kick my Beat through your account Settings, including for the features explained below. You are solely responsible for keeping your Settings up-to-date.
- Email – You can adjust your Settings in the Notification tab to disable email notifications (other than important service updates and essential notifications about the Platform or your account).
- Content Sharing – It’s not possible to make your account entirely private. However, you do have the option to make all of your tracks private in the manage upload page. This means that no one will be able to access and listen to your tracks.
- Deleting Your Account – If you have an account and would like to delete it, you may do so by adjusting your Settings in the Account tab. If you delete your account, all data associated with your account (except for backup copies), including the tracks that you have uploaded and the usage data associated with those tracks, will be deleted and may not be recoverable. We therefore advise you to copy or backup all content uploaded to your account before deletion. Even if you delete your Kick my Beat account, it is possible that your information may still show up in some internet search results for a short while afterwards, if the search engine maintains a temporary cache of web pages. Search engines’ caching processes are outside of Kick my Beat’s control and therefore we cannot be responsible for any information that remains cached by search engines after that information has been removed from the Platform.
- Managing Browser Settings
- To control cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. You can also manually delete previously stored cookies at any time. Please note that if you choose to block cookies, doing so may impair the Platform or prevent certain elements of it from functioning.
8. Exercising Your Rights
In some jurisdictions, including the EU/EEA, you may exercise any of the rights described in this section. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
- Data Access and Portability
- You may be entitled to request copies of your personal information held by us. While a lot of the personal information you provide to us can be accessed in your account Settings, you may also be entitled to request copies of personal information you have provided to us in machine-readable format.
- Change or Correct Data
- Where you cannot update data yourself through an account, you have the right to ask us to correct change, update or rectify your data.
- Data Retention and Deletion
- We generally retain data for as long as your account is in existence or as needed to provide the Platform. However, specific retention times can vary based on context of the processing we perform and on our legal obligations.
- You have the right to ask us to delete all or some of the personal data we hold about you. If you have an account, you can also delete your account through the Settings at any time as described below.
- We may need to retain some of your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so (e.g. to prevent fraud and abuse and maintain and enhance security).
- Objection to Processing
- You may object to processing your personal information in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the information to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
- If you object to such processing Kick my Beat will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or obligations.
- Restriction of Processing
- Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information.
- Withdrawing Consent
- Where you provide consent to the processing of your personal information by Kick my Beat, you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a communication to Kick my Beat specifying the specific consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
9. Lodging Complaints
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Kick my Beat before a competent data protection authority. A list of EU data protection authorities is available here.
10. Contact Information